When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collegiate headset question…

-
not sure about the seat post, it’s all I had at the moment.

6117C0A6-3CC5-4095-9974-73CF309512C9.jpeg

For me, the not easily changeable cog on those Bendix 2speeds keeps me from using them. But the 1/8 chain will be ok on the front sprocket till it's not.

Looks like a cool cruiser! How much does the set back seatpost help you with the fit?
Not sure really as I haven’t been able to ride it yet. I was putting this together to fund another bike, but I’m a sucker for these diamond framed Schwinns.

368EAA8E-BC74-441B-B626-A964D2B6A915.jpeg
3C5E94C3-813A-4DB3-9894-F5BA75CFC1C6.jpeg

Mystery solved thanks, I was slightly perplexed by this also, I took a free roadside Schwinn tiger apart in 2014 & went to rebuild it as a solid rider last year, didn’t quite remember this diff “wow that’s cool I thought water can’t get in” when I figured it out DELUXE !! Just sounds cool too!! Then I went to put on a shiny new 70’s style badge? Oh boy nope that’s not gonna work lol

The large oval Schwinn badges were used from 1950 thru 1960.
Ok thanks I think the tiger is a 57’ the frame seems to be an inch lower to the ground? Than my 70’s cantilevers ? Or is that the modern rims I put on it?

Back