When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collegiate to Cantilever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Deebo

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can the fenders off this collegiate fit my cantilever frame? Lady wants $70 plus a half hour drive. I'm interested in the seat, handlebars, and crankset. If the fenders would fit, that would be a perfect buy for me. Thanks.
5746192001.jpg

This is my 1980 middleweight cantilever frame...
IMG_20190317_210200.jpg

The narrower lightweight fenders would fit the MW frame but I honestly don't think you will get a MW tire to fit into those fenders. I would still drive 1/2 hour for that. Of course, in Atlanta, seven miles away could be 1/2 an hour.

Yea it is about the same distance but all these intersections you have to take will make it a half hour drive. She had it listed for $80, agreed on $60 but when she seen I was serious about picking it up she changed her mind and said she wanted $70 after we agreed on $60. She said she had the bike sold for $80 this weekend for sure but her bike has been listed for a month now. So she said she'd get back at me ater the weekend. Now I feel if I send her another text saying I'll do the $70, she might say she wants $80 now.

I'd rock those tires on my MW if I could convert the hub into a single speed sprocket. Is it possible?

You can put a single speed hub on any rim. You just need to figure out the spoke size for the hub , rim configuration.
Also to fit the fenders to the frame may be tricky. Does the Collegiate have 26 x 1 3/8 wheels or 27 x 1 1/4?

I think it would be a shame to blow that beautiful bike apart.

Bro I feel you on that because I myself like to keep things all together, not just bikes. But it's gonna be expensive to buy individual parts for my frame so this is my best bet.

I wish I could find one. They must be rare in Houston. Found one on Craigslist but the guy has yet to respond.

Back