When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colnago Super/Super Piu (92-96?)

-
I found a loose Victory post and one mounted on a frame. Both are identical, differ from your example in a couple ways. The Victory does not have the "MADE IN ITALY" script; merely "LIMIT". The the head has different front, side, and rear profiles. The bolt might have a sharper detail edge at the bevel. No splines in the tube. Both yours and the Victory seem to share the same clamp plates

Last edited:
Here is the Victory seat post. They are different from Chorus and Croce d'Aune posts in many areas. My posts are both 25.0mm so still not sure about if splines would be present on wider posts, but mine have none. The front, rear, and side views are different. The tapered shoulder is not the same, the rear slot on for the clamp bolt is different (Victory is rounded, Chorus and CdA are rectangular), the side of the head has a different profile at the flat area. I would say that you have a Croce d'Aune post based on all evidence I have seen. Victory has "LIMIT" above minimum insertion marks, no "MADE IN ITALY". Chromed bolt heads are similar, but still different.
Also, CdA/Chorus (later version) crank images.

Last edited:
If my cranks are from 1993 (I have heard of a 1994 set with "94" on them) then I would not have any clue as to what year your "31" cranks are. I don't know why my other crank arm has "A3" (I have 2 identical sets with same coding); another mystery!

Last edited:
@Jake1 , just a further note regarding your crank date code. I have seen it written that "31" is from 1987. That is wrong as far as I know (plus your cranks are definitely a later model than that year); I have/had Campy rear derailleurs from 1985 and 1987, and I believe some cranks from 1985. The date code was "11" for 1985 and "33" for 1987. Don't ask me why Campy did it that way after always using the last 2 digit year code on the RD's, and the 1 digit year code (in a box, circle, diamond, etc.) on the cranks. Makes me wonder if the "31" might be 1997 (just a wild guess, or more likely a stupid guess!).

Last edited:
I have been contacted by Colnago requesting photos so hopefully this will end any debate as to model and year of this frame. Curious to see how close I am to the correct year (I'll guess '93 to be less vague) and model. It took about about one week for a reply. I consider that very good; but Chesini replied in about 36 hours (more than likely because I was trying to find decals to purchase from them; darn they're expensive!)

How much are Colnago decals?
I was looking for Chesini decals which were €60 plus shipping; decals unobtainable elsewhere for my 70s frame.
I don't know how much Colnago decals are direct from Colnago since I wasn't looking for them, but many Colnago decals are available as quality reproductions (maybe even better than originals in some cases).

Back