When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colnago Super

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Y

Yannick

Hi,

I bought this bicycle for 120 Euros three years ago just a couple of miles from where I live. Not easy to find a nice original Colnago of this age here. Colnago's weren't just exported and sold in shops back then, you had to go to the factory in Italy to get one.

And now, three years later, I noticed finding such a bicycle has became a lot more difficult. Crazy how fast things can change and how fast something can go from simply old and used to "vintage".

Anyway, some pictures I took two years ago. Still in the same condition now, of course!

colnago1-1.jpg

colnago2-1.jpg

colnago4-1.jpg

colnago3-1.jpg

colnago7-1.jpg

It has all original parts and original paint. Everything is Campagnolo Record, rims are Mavic. I guess it's from around 1980.

Yannick

WoW....

Really nice !!! I can't believe you got it for that price. I'm jealous. The pantographed parts are great.Italian bikes are hot right now, especially 70's/80's. I have an '86 Somec Air with full Super Record and I love it. Hang on to this one ! Do you have the hoods ?

Thanks Jim! The previous owner (and also the first one) didn't really know the bicycle's value. When I talked to him on the phone before I bought it he was like "Are you sure you want it because it's quite an old bicycle". He had bought a new bicycle and wanted to get rid of his old Colnago. And in fact, I was the only one who contacted him about it. Where I live, people still thinks it's just an old racing bike. Anyway, when I had it all cleaned up and polished I e-mailed the original owner some pictures but never got any response...

What hoods do you mean?

Yannick

I was referring to the gum rubber hoods for the brake levers. On older bikes they sometimes dry out or tear. I know where to get replacement hoods, they're not genuine Campy but are a good substitute. Let me know.

I like it without the hoods, feels more racey. They weren't on it when I bought it anyway. But I appreciate the help, thanks!

Yannick

Beautiful bike

I had a bronze colored Super that cracked. Then I had a Conic SLX that cracked on the chain stay. Its hard to find these bikes in such good condition. The sticker on the Super was just so darned big they always got scratched.

Wow, what a great bike and at a great price. Someday I hope to add a Colnago to my stable. Thanks for sharing.

'81 63cm Super Record Somec Campy Setup. Yep it's for sale. It has hung under a custom cover inside since 1983. Perfect condition

IMG_0172.PNG

Back