When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colors for 1936 Cycleplane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

What color combo should I paint my '36 Cycleplane?

• Ivory/Apple Green-reversed fenders/black pins

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Dark Red/Light red/white pins

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Apple Green/Ivory/black pins

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Dark Blue/Light Blue/White pins

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I thought I had a decision made on what colors to paint my Cycleplane but the more I think about it the more I'm still not sure. For sure it will not be the current black/ivory. I want to do an unusual color combo that actually exist or is referenced in literature. So while traverse/robins egg was a prewar color I believe this is likely confined to '40-1. I've been through the thread "Show your rare/unusual color Schwinns..." So it needs to be a color combo found on a '36 B model. I would also like thoughts on ivory vs. cream. V/r Shawn

DSC_0095 - Copy.JPG

That is one sweet ride! I know I don’t need to tell you this but the bike is original only once and the condition it is in, I would leave as is!

Ok here is the deal with this bike. Only the frame/fork are original paint. The fenders are obvious repaints and the pattern is wrong for '36. Both the tank and rack are repaints as well. Given that I see no harm in a full restoration of this bike. V/r Shawn

Back