When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Colson “Rearsteer”

-

tylerw

Finally riding a big boys bike
MORE PICS IN LOWER POST!!!
I have a late ‘30s Colson tandem that I’ll never get to. Frame is brush painted and fenders/chain guards are in primer. The drop-center wheel set is extremely nice. Drop stand is present without issues. The steering mechanism works great. Grips are nice (might be repops) and I have a very nice, close to matching his and hers set of period-correct (not correct to this bike) oil cloth seats for it. I will get better pics and more details later tonight after work.

I think it’s worth $900. That being said, cash offers around $800 would be considered. Trade for heavyweight Schwinn???

e15dbc412ae2998129c597f9309e3402.jpg

Not sure how I could ship this but if you wanted to pay to have it shipped I can arrange that. PM with interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have shipped 6-7 tandem bikes with FedEx before and had good success. I take two normal bike boxes and cut the ends, and slide them together. Its generally only been $80 or so, which I think is a fantastic deal. It does require extra care to tape up the box and of course ensure its packed with zero moving parts (you should be able to tip the box on any end as you reinforce the taping of the box, upside down and you will not hear things sliding and moving).

Bikes that are packed with little or no packing materials (pipe insulation and lots of bubblewrap as well as void fillers such as balled up newspaper) can move within and loose parts are like a sledge hammer banging against unprotected bike parts....just saying, pack as though you want to receive unscathed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
677d9c27f6cae76b14196d1c6366d0a8.jpg
257d4dc9827ed24d4bc834cb71597e64.jpg
f7470865567ab41326e018f9342e5c58.jpg

Last edited:
Back