When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson catalog question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

FICHT 150

Finally riding a big boys bike
The 1940 Colson catalog was graciously posted with a link, Thanks to whoever did that. I know “Scout” models existed, but, the bike doesn’t seem to be in the catalog. Was the Special model actually the Scout? Also, the catalog seems to list accessories with each model, but I’ve seen bikes that appear to be base model bikes with headlights, or chain guards, or racks. Could you get these parts piecemeal on a new bike that didn’t normally come with them? In the case of the light, that would have required a different fender. Would the dealer have had that part, or taken it out of parts stock, or off a different bike?
Thanks in advance, and happy new year to all.

Ted

Scout is just a badge Colson put on their bikes. Just like Colson, Flyer, ,Vogue and I believe Packard, etc. There was no Special or Standard badged bike put out by them. Those are merely trim levels in their catalog. From what I've seen most Scout badged Colsons tend to be lower end models. Don't take the catalog as "God's" word, especially when it comes to Colson. Many bikes have surfaced that do not show up in their catalogs and flyers. Shops/dealers would frequently add whatever a customer wanted, including lights, bars, horns, etc.

Thank all of you so much. I really appreciate the clarification. I wondered why I couldn’t find a Scout listed in the catalog. Nobody left alive today had anything to do with my bike when it was new, so nobody remembers what it looked like. But, it is interesting to know what the bikes looked like when they were cataloged.

Ted

Back