When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Colson clipper project*

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
not sure of the brand but it works wonders. I recommend saving as much as you can of anything. don't leave it on for to long or it will kill the paint test it for about (5 minutes) if its doing its job leave it on for (30-45 minutes) each time you apply it. here is the pattern we did. naval jelly sit for (30 minutes) rinse with water always after using or it could still eat away at the paint, then after I washed the jelly off i steel wooled a little then rinsed again. and repeat. make sure to watch how much is coming off I took a few places off down to primer so watch it.

Do you just brush the naval jelly on the whole frame? Is there a certain brand you like which doesn't damage paint? It's the one thing I haven't added to my arsenal yet.

Nice job Nick!!

I knew that bike was solid when I saw it. Great to see you bringing it back from the dead. It was also nice to see you at the recent shows in OH and MI. Great to see your passion for the hobby! Mike

Nice work Nick. I had a close look at that bike and would never have thought it would clean.

Wow & wow ......

Great job Nick ... grease it & ride it ... it looks awesome ... I would've never thought it would come out that good ... Ride Vintage ... Frank

update

here is a little update. I steel wheeled most of the metal but not much came out, I also replaced the crank arm as it was almost rotted off. also cleaned up the accessorys and put then back on.... the original owner would be proud :D:D
clipperupdate2_zpse6bec5c3-1.jpg

clipperupdate1_zpsceef542a-1.jpg

clipperupdate3_zpsb938217c-1.jpg

clipperupdate4_zps21469d67-1.jpg

clipperupdate5_zpsb1623932-1.jpg

clipperupdate6_zpsa5f4bc2a-1.jpg

clipperupdate7_zps22885b2c-1.jpg

Looks great Nick. Makes me wish I woulda picked it up:p. Best of luck finding the missing pieces to make her whole again.

Back