When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Colson clipper project*

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
slow deal in the works for a cushioner and a clipper chain guard plus a bull nose super cruiser boys project.

Nick.

Looks great Nick. Makes me wish I woulda picked it up:p. Best of luck finding the missing pieces to make her whole again.

Looks great! You did the Lord's work! This IS what our hobby is all about! Amazing what a lil Steel wool and alot of determination will achieve! Ride on!

Nose art/pin up girl

So I have made up my mind on this. Since This bike is a 41 and right before we entered the war. I have decided to paint a pin up girl on the chain guard like on bombers during WW2 The names I have come up with are

(Battleship-Becky) Kind of a sailor girl dressed for power.
(Ghostly-Grace) Kind of a see through ghost image riding the bow of a ghost ship
(woMan of war) dressed in revolutionary gear or, a girl on the front bow of a wooden ship like a mascot.
(shipwreck-Shelly) which i would have dressed in really tattered clothes
and My favorite, (unShakable-Shelly) which I will have sitting on a battleship gun pointing out to sea as if she were yelling (FIRE)

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I like the idea of the girl on the chainguard. I have used danish oil in clear satin applied with a clean rag on a few bikes with simular patina and it seals everything up and really makes the color pop. It also makes maintaining the bike allot easier. It's a cheap way to preserve and you could try it on something else to see how you like it first.

*Clipper update*

well the parts to finish it finally came in the mail today and in a blazing heat I finished putting her together and took a ride and believe it or not it rides pretty good! now just need to paint the chain guard and put on the nose-art.
clipper1_zpscdc90702-1.jpg
clipper2_zpse8af7136-1.jpg

clipper3_zpsf1a0e547-1.jpg

clipper4_zpsedf7d41c-1.jpg

clipper5_zps0b66a42a-1.jpg

Nick.

It was lime green/ and green with white pin striping originally. the chain guard is from a post war blister tank bike and is going to get re painted the bikes lime green/ and green.

EDIT: forgot to add that the bike also had some silver paint as well

Nick.

Neat Nick! So was she all Green/black originally? "Mean Green"

Back