When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Firestone Super Cruiser Trike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

looneymoons

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello--

Happy August, all! I was lucky enough to have found this Colson Firestone Super Cruiser Trike (in my neighborhood). It's such a cool little thing, I had to bring it home. Besides the info I got from the plate marker, I wasn't able to find out much about this bike and was hoping someone could share a little about it. Would be grateful for any info regarding year, production, selling price, etc.

It appears to have original tires and paint, but replacement Schwinn pedals and missing handle bar grips. Other than that, at least to my eye, it is in pretty good shape. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Gratefully,
Alexandra

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

I’m thinking Colson built early ‘40s? @ridingtoy what you say?
I'm thinking '40s also. I know some Colson chain drive models have a more simple one bar frame, but I don't know what year they changed the design to this style. Looks like it has the original Troxel seat and replacement reflector pedals.

Dave

I'm thinking '40s also. I know some Colson chain drive models have a more simple one bar frame, but I don't know what year they changed the design to this style. Looks like it has the original Troxel seat and replacement reflector pedals.

Dave

Right on, guys! Thanks. I thought it was from the 40's, too. Although poking around I found a link to a 1954 Colson Catalogue that features a double bar frame tricycle called "The Trike" which looks similar. Here's the website with scans of the catalogue: http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle161

Yeah, sometimes you can pinpoint the year of manufacture if you have color brochures or even b&w brochures that describe the paint scheme/colors. Thanks for posting that catalog link because I didn't know they were still making chain drive trikes in the Colson-Evans era of the '50s.

Dave

Lil update:

Hello--

I am now trying to sell this trike. Could you guys recommend any good avenues to explore for selling? I'm located in Maryland not far from either DC or Baltimore (cool Bike fest in early Summer). Or does anyone know what price a trike this might go for? Grateful for the tips!

-Alexandra

Hello--

Happy August, all! I was lucky enough to have found this Colson Firestone Super Cruiser Trike (in my neighborhood). It's such a cool little thing, I had to bring it home. Besides the info I got from the plate marker, I wasn't able to find out much about this bike and was hoping someone could share a little about it. Would be grateful for any info regarding year, production, selling price, etc.

It appears to have original tires and paint, but replacement Schwinn pedals and missing handle bar grips. Other than that, at least to my eye, it is in pretty good shape. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Gratefully,
Alexandra

View attachment 1041869

View attachment 1041870

Shipping would kill the deal on this one as it isn't terribly valuable. I'd throw it up on Craigs List, Face Book Marketplace, or Let Go. V/r Shawn

Back