When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Head Badge Screw Size??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimRoy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone know what size screws go in a 1940 Colson head badge? Does anyone have two they will sell?Please PM me with responses. Thanks, JimRoy

Digging up an old thread... Looking for two brass head badge screws for a 36 Colson. Anyone know what size I'm looking for? Are they pointed (machine screw) or flat?

Thanks

I once ordered a set of all three, 4-40, 3-48 and 2-56 in brass, slotted round head.
Don't remember where they all got to now.

So I just checked, a frame had broken off screws (ugh), so I drove them half-way out with a roofing nail, and then sacrificed a brass #3 screw to hammer them through. The #3 is about the right size, but the steel threads were more like coarse sheet-metal screws. So my brass 3-48 screws (with bronze washers) into painted holes might be faking it, and could fall out any day.

I have also been thinking about getting a set of extra-small screw taps, for such purposes.

Last edited:
I pulled one screw out of my 36 Colson Vogue and it looks more like a sheet metal screw with angled threads and is definitely original:

Reactions: ian
I ended up finding some decent ones on ebay, #2 x 1/4" brass round head slotted:

They are a bit too long so I just ground down a couple threads and they worked great.

Back