When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Pair....Last Tweaks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've posted this pair of his and hers Colsons on here but these were my final tweaks. I think. I replaced the boys fork, truss rods, grips and seat plus added a few pieces of bling, even though it didn't need anymore bling. Unless I find a correct rack for the boys or maroon tank for the girls, these are done.

BTW, can anyone please help with my serial number conundrum for the boys frame? I've added a photo at the end of the numbers/letter. I know the letter should come first (month) followed by a number for the year BUT I swear that is a "1 B". Take a look and please lend me your expertise. Thanks!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

51737833_574517503062872_2747347041444167680_n.jpg

Also, this was too funny not to share - my wife patiently listens to me rattle on about bikes and parts. I said to her I didn't know if this bike needed a rack because sometimes bikes look leaner and meaner without one. She responded, and I quote: "A rack says, I'm a cool bike rider but I also have to carry poop because I'm an adult".

Sure looks like 1 B, but could it be I 8, Sept '38.
I have a number of bikes that had over-strikes in the serial numbers.
The fenders look to be '38 if they are peaked.
Frame looks to be '38 or '39, if there is not a shim for the seat post.
Not and expert, but throwing out ideas.

Tim

Tim

That is the same theory fordmike had. I just swear that looks exactly like a "B" and not an "8". I can take a better image of it tomorrow in the sun and with a much better camera (you'd think a photographer with a studio would have provided you a much better image rather than one with his cellphone, huh?).

As far as the other parts, don't go so much by those. I can't vouch for the other parts having begun on this frame and I added some of them myself. I am of the mind that the tank and frame have always been together. That's really about it. In the bright sun, I think the fenders (which look to be original paint) MAY have a red tint to them and the frame and tank (which also look like original paint) look to have an original blue tint in there. Not sure, just a guess. The guard is not from this bike.

Honestly, though, thanks for the input. We'll figure it out.

Awesome pair. What kind of gooseneck on the boy’s bike, it’s killer!

Isn't that thing cool? I can't claim any part of making it, I just bought it. It was at a Memory lane show on a table that had very few things on it. I think I paid $25 for it. It's a very well made custom that someone fabricated somewhere along the line.

Just for the record - other than the parts like the stem, seat, etc., that are obviously not original to this bike - the fork, truss rods, chainguard, and wheels were not purchased with the frame, tank, bottom bracket/sprocket/crank, fenders and badge.

Tim

And, yes, the fenders are peaked.

Here's a couple of closer, clearer views of that serial number. Anyone care to weigh in please? Were all Colson serial numbers from this time range letter/number? This sure looks like a "1 B".
DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

Back