When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson parts (1948)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
V

vrod

I just wanted to see if anyone would happen to have the following parts to my Colson -
I need to straighten the front fork (or replace it), chain guard missing and a set of original Colson truss rods on that belong there.

I am unsure of the year but a member on here is trying to help out. The original title has 1948, which the guy I bought it from said he bought the Marman and bicycle new in 1948. The paint on the bike looks like a dark red and has white around the post with green painted around the edges of the white - the white runs down on the front fork a little with green around that also.
If anyone thinks they can help me to get this restored properly, please let me know.

Thank you,
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 60
Still looking for the parts. If anyone can help me, please let me know. Plus if anyone knows what year it is or have any color pictures of the bike, please let me know.
Thanks,
Doug

are you keeping the motor on it? I think I might have a set of truss rods, and a bike shop should have a tool to bend back the fork. I know my shop in town does and he's bent back some really bad forks

military,
Yes, the motor is staying on this bike. I know it might not be the most popular bicycle but the guy bought it this way in 1948, so I want to keep it that way. I have it totally torn down at this time and starting to get things in place to restore everything. It will take some time since everything takes so much money but I feel it will be worth it. So many people have offered to help with all kinds of things, so I have most things in place but I still need the parts to the bike for the paint. ( chain guard and maybe forks)
The forks are bad in my opinion but I am a new guy at this, so maybe they are not that bad. They do have 2 places where they are cracked.
I take it that the truss rods you have would be from a Colson? Let me know about them, either by PM or email ( [email protected]).
Thank you for the help. :D

Doug

military,
I have really been looking for pictures of this bicycle. When they have in the specs of a 26 and 10 tooth sprocket - was does that mean? Mine has a 20 on the rear and 52 on the front. Also how does the measurement on the cranks took, when they say 6 1/2'' offset cranks?
Thanks for any help again- I appreciate it!
Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
the truss rods are off a colson. I"ll get pics at some point. The cranks and stuff your talking about well I dont know if im fully understanding you. I know that there are two different chains a half inch pitch or a 1 inch pitch (skip tooth). yours looks like a half pitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back