Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

This ad disappears when logged in

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
Bought this one for the headbadge and chainguard. After looking at it long and hard, I decided it might just be OK after I get the house paint off and an OA bath, after all, a guy can't have too many prewar loop frame Colsons. White rims look like they're going to clean up a million times better. I've gotten the bike pretty much apart except for the fork and stem which are proving to be quite the challenge. And there was no hope for the pedals, seat, spokes, hubs and chain. This is probably the most rust-fused bike I've ever come up against. Hope to make this one a stripped down crusty rider. I could use a crusty left truss rod and truss rod crusty bracket If someone has a spare. Will post photos along the way, but this bike isn't a priority, so it may be a while.
View attachment 800628 View attachment 800629
Gimme my guard back:angry:

Boris

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Vince must have been doing something right, I sold him one of those chainguards. Of course, that was years ago, before I realized what a jerk he was.

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Vince must have been doing something right, I sold him one of those chainguards. Of course, that was years ago, before I realized what a jerk he was.
And you continue aggravating me .If I would have known what a pain in the arse you are I would have paid double on E Bay.

jimbo53

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 17, 2015
Charlotte NC
Started with a tired 36 girls Colson. Has a cool dark brown rusty, stippled surface EVERYWHERE (frame, fenders, crank, chainwheel, rims)! WD40 and xxxx steel wool followed by boiled linseed oil took care of that.
Got a convertible tank from Jim Harrison at TRM to muscle her up a bit. Seat, bars, stem, chainguard and reflector we’re laying around or sourced on CABE/eBay. Fat Franks brown&whites look pretty sharp! Final fitting of the tank and adding TRM light kit, sorting out rear hub and should call it a day.

A5CF8B5A-1097-43CD-AFD1-257C7F347761.jpeg

98DAD30C-D2C2-4D08-9D5E-E97249C40E13.jpeg

A71DA3F7-9C15-4DFB-B72A-F37B7E010561.jpeg

jimbo53

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 17, 2015
Charlotte NC
656FA62D-8848-4037-81F7-71E27D676736.jpeg
Started with a tired 36 girls Colson. Has a cool dark brown rusty, stippled surface EVERYWHERE (frame, fenders, crank, chainwheel, rims)! WD40 and xxxx steel wool followed by boiled linseed oil took care of that.
Got a convertible tank from Jim Harrison at TRM to muscle her up a bit. Seat, bars, stem, chainguard and reflector we’re laying around or sourced on CABE/eBay. Fat Franks brown&whites look pretty sharp! Final fitting of the tank and adding TRM light kit, sorting out rear hub and should call it a day.

View attachment 808862

View attachment 808863

View attachment 808864

Here is the pretty much finished bike. Waiting for a part for the ND coaster brake before road testing.
Light kit from TRM IS EXCELLENT! Also added a horn.
Painted tank to match patina

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture