When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Dean-
Pretty sure that E=May and 1=1941. Pretty sure for me anymore=probably. I want that bike.

I guess Mike beat me to it.

Looks similar to these from the '40 catalog. Most likely the 06160 due to enameled rims instead of chrome plated, tho scheme is a little different.
d9b346c813cfd49531211a76e4d51f63-1.jpg

b57d6994ef14107c08835bff95aae675-1.jpg

Going to add this to the Colson thread. This will be a future project.
Got this today at the Rockford Ill. Show. The tank is pretty clean inside. Some pits but no heavy rust.
This bike is definitely a oxalic acid candidate. Plenty of original paint and graphics there.
Serial numbers would not show up in a photo but they are: 31395 over the letters L C. Crudely stamped. Original headbadge missing. Anyone guess the year?
This bike goes on the "list". Maybe I will get to it next summer.....:)
013.JPG
016.jpg

013.JPG

016.jpg

Nice score and nice original paint Tinker. That "C" might be a "0". In which case yours would have been built in December 1940. Refer to post 171 at the top of this page for reference on code.

Good find Tinker.I saw pics of the show and didnt see any old ballooners.

Picked up this 35 Colson at StevieZ's grand opening. Got the tank & chain guard from other Caber's. I like the look of this one, believe it to be a very early Colson ballooner. Fenders are rain gutters, Flyer head badge. It'll be a fun winter project.

DSC00218.jpg

Last edited:
Back