When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Another Colson, after 6 days of looking at this bike it finally made it into stand. I will be disassembling for cleaning, bike sat in a smokers room it reeks and has a film of nicotine on it. I would appreciate any advice and or constructive criticism. Found an old page from 1911 on Howie Cohen website which states Simmons hardware sold bikes badged Banner, Laclede, and "Westminster" that year, made me smile. Everything has come apart easily so far except removing front wheel. Inside of tank has a considerable amount of surface rust, has anyone here used a product called Rustmort? supposedly stops and stabilizes rust, inside of tank only of course. Plans are degrease, wash, dry, then maybe mineral oil on a soft cloth rubdown. Thoughts? Rick
IMG_20150318_213846_912-1.jpg
IMG_20150318_213943_655-1.jpg
IMG_20150318_214340_884-1.jpg
IMG_20150318_214541_676-1.jpg
IMG_20150318_224154_752-1.jpg
IMG_20150318_224228_302-1.jpg

Rick, just keep going with the wd40- 0000 steel wool. Looking good young man. Glad to see you working on this one.

Nice find ! Looks like you got the good rack too, amongst other things. I've used Rustmort for years, good product, though a little pricy. Good luck w/ it & keep scrubbin'.

Very, very nice & a big welcome to the Show us your Colson projects thread. I have a feeling that you'll be back. Colson's are like potato chips, you can't just have one.

Back