When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

-
I knew that the cabe folks would pick up on that. The 38's were skip tooth but since it's going to be my rider I chose to use a Colson Clipper ring for the 1/2" pitch. The appearance (3 paisley design) is the same but easily found chains for cheap. And I think that you, Dave, are somewhat of a Colson expert.
I have a glass jewel reflector that I am going to use that I got off a 20's hawthorne. What does a Deltaflex firefly look like ?

Last edited:
I googled the reflector and your (Daves) ad came up where you had sold one. I have seen these before but since my Colson started life as a cheap model...old style truss rods and no chain guard Sentinel , I have added some Colson bling with the tank, chain guard, rack and torpedo light. But I'm to the point where I gotta stop buying parts and make it rideable.

1941 Bull Nose 1/2" Pitch???

Good job getting all the pieces together! I'm wondering if the 1/2" pitch sprocket is correct for a 1938 model though. I don't see a picture of it on any 1938 bikes in my Colson book. I do see it on some postwar bikes however. I'm just wondering, and I'm no expert. Maybe Derek knows. Need an expensive Deltaflex firefly reflector? It's correct for a 1938 Colson only.

A question to Your Statement!

Is It Ok for a 1941 Bull Nose with 1/2" Pitch???

PICT1924.jpg
PICT1920.jpg
PICT1921.jpg
PICT1925.jpg

That's My Next Project; I Do Need The Head Badge!!!!

Any Help?

;)

PICT1920.jpg

PICT1921.jpg

PICT1924.jpg

PICT1925.jpg

I went back and looked at an old photo of a 1941 (I think) girls bullnose that I had, and YOU'RE RIGHT! It had a half inch pitch sprocket like yours. As I said, I'm no expert!

1947 Colson Scout

I bought this lady at Trexlertown in 2011, and I haven't done a thing with her.
She is parked in a hugh line of future projects. It is a '47 Colson Scout in original colors
of lime green and black with the original Clipper guard and Delta Rocket Ray...................Wayne

IMG_9991.JPG

IMG_9992.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9995.jpg

View attachment 114594View attachment 114592View attachment 114593View attachment 114595

That's My Next Project; I Do Need The Head Badge!!!!

Any Help?

;)

1941 is the year Colson introduced its 1/2" pitch chain ring but for all fleet deluxe models, anything less than deluxe like nondeluxe standard were still using 1" pitch. It doesnt matter what you put on it as a rider since its OK with you. It seems that the 1/2 pitch is harder to locate than the skiptooth, less of them around. Bullnose Firestone and Clipper Goodyear used 1/2 pitch, they were considered deluxe build by Colson under a different badge, not Colson badge.

Last edited:
This is the culmination of nearly a year of parts hunting. Now for the hard part...prep/paint/assemble.

colsonbeginnings009_zpsee530632-1.jpg

Looks like my nephew rode the bike ;) One time he came home with my steering wheel in his hand. Apparently a tree jumped in front of him...

I'm looking for what would be the correct stem for my 1936 lwb. From what I can tell the long arched stem came out in '37. I'd also like to know which pedals would be correct, thanks!

Back