When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When it rains, it pours

Bought my first Colson a couple months back. Just this week, I made a deal on here for a snap tank project arriving in a few days. Then found two basket cases from the same fellow on craigs. Why buy one nice one when you can buy 4 rusty projects?

In transit:

TiX0dhq-1.jpg

'33-'34 tandem from CL:

ssK4ZHK-1.jpg

then this rusty beauty on CL:

xVYPp0N-1.jpg

I did get a good ebay score in lieu of these purchases. Only bidder on a good starting price.

8eJ1oaZ-1.jpg

I see lots of potential in the rusty one! I'm willing to bet there is paint lurking under that rust......my kind of bike :)

Yet another bomber-in-progress... tank or no tank? I'm not entirely sold on bikes that have a tank, but no fenders. :confused: I like that this chainguard attaches to the down tube and the seat tube. With no clunky straps visible it appears to float in midair. :cool:

1381124261_zps71ec5209-1.jpg

1381124290_zps21695941-1.jpg

1381124292_zpsebb10580-1.jpg

1381124296_zps47b08a53-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yet another bomber in process... tank or no tank? I'm not entirely sold on bikes that have a tank, but no fenders. :confused: I like that this chainguard attaches to the down tube and the seat tube. With no clunky straps visible it appears to float in midair. :cool:

I'm a big proponent for the need of fenders with a tank. They just look too top-heavy without them. I had a Rollfast long tank laying sadly apart from the rest of the bike for 2 years until I found appropriate fenders. Now it's happy. Still rusty, but happy.

Dave Marko has a correct rear rack for your bike for sale now. These can be hard to find sometimes.

34 Colson Grande Dame

Guess I went a little overboard on this one, but once you pullout the purple paint, there just is no going back. Originally bought this bike as an afterthought, for the fenders, bearings, hubs & sprockets, for another bike that I thought was older & rarer. A couple of CABE members set me straight on that, so I fell out of love with that one & started to develop an appreciation for this ole gal. Apologies to the purists out there but this bike was boring. I say' it is better to give a girl a little botox & put her in a prettier dress than dismember her & scatter the parts across the country side. That being said, I'm looking for the correct tank for a girls 48 Rollfast if anyones parting one out.

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Looking good Doug - I still need a blister tank chainguard like yours to finish mine

The blister tanked Colson chainguard like yours is very elusive ... there was one on eBay last week but my eBay froze up when I tried to bid .. bad connection I guess ... if you have or know of an extra - let me know

Yet another bomber-in-progress... tank or no tank? I'm not entirely sold on bikes that have a tank, but no fenders. :confused: I like that this chainguard attaches to the down tube and the seat tube. With no clunky straps visible it appears to float in midair. :cool:

1381124261_zps71ec5209-1.jpg

1381124290_zps21695941-1.jpg

1381124292_zpsebb10580-1.jpg

1381124296_zps47b08a53-1.jpg

Back