When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I suppose this could be another Vogue frame like the one Gary just got (attached) Does anyone know what other models the bike pictured might have been, given that there are no holes for a headbadge. Anyone have a scanned '37 Colson catalog page with this model? Better yet, an entire scanned '37 Colson catalog they'd care to share.

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

I suppose this could be another Vogue frame like the one Gary just got (attached) Does anyone know what other models the bike pictured might have been, given that there are no holes for a headbadge. Anyone have a scanned '37 Colson catalog page with this model? Better yet, an entire scanned '37 Colson catalog they'd care to share.

View attachment 128106

This bike should have a waterfall badge that said "Vogue". Very rare. I had on once, but it when to a collector who had this bike in mint condition, but needed the badge.

Thanks Ed. At the risk of sounding redundant, does anyone know if this frame was ever used on any other model other than the '37 Vogue?

I didn't know there was a serial number on this Colson until I took the spray paint from it.

Was it common to fill in the s/n stamping with brass and then smooth it? Why would the factory obscure it?

Can the frame be dated from it?

sn.jpg

sn.jpg

Another Colson project to add to my pile...

Picked up a '36 Moto bike yesterday that had a bunch of wrong parts including the fenders,bars,stem,seat,wheels...but thankfully is a tall frame with the uber hard to find tank and rack! So glad I spotted it. I took it home & swapped in some more correct parts. Will probably stay like this for a while til I get the funds together.

As-found:
20140427_081910_zps7ogfv6ar-1.jpg

After some part swapping:
20140427_193925_zpsxhu4cfq9-1.jpg

Back