When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Loop tail klunker . My first loop tail. It is approx a 1950. I’ve been lucky so far had wheels and forks were cheap. Only need vtg gold goose neck & bars to finsh. Tempted to replace the rear wheel to a Nos morrow hun I have . Keep it simple and clean!! These frames have a great lines !!!

93097B2B-ABE5-479B-8BC4-2712D292E055.jpeg

0F85F6B6-80CD-4B25-9A23-0AF890A81898.jpeg

8B19367E-95C7-49E3-90B0-755510437BFA.jpeg

I guess I should update my ongoing '36 Motorbike project. It still needs work, but it's getting closer & closer every couple years or so.

The evolution from "as-found" to current-day:
1599064486031.png

Parts from the pile slapped on that same evening
1599064508593.png

Aluminum Shelby fender placeholders.
1599064519035.png

Correct optional deep chrome fenders and chrome chassis Troxel.
1599064545418.png

Last edited:
Here is a Colson pulled from the generations deep family barn this summer.

A member thought the serial number dates it to March 1942. My Colson book shows up to 1941 before they started building things for the war effort. Perhaps put together from parts late?

My wife’s uncle bought it from a neighboring farm in 1947, and rode it until stored away in 1951. Took it for its first ride in 69 years this week.

It’s a work in progress. Hubs rebuilt by @greenephantom

Rides great! It ‘feels’ faster than my other vintage bikes.

9456558B-F2E7-49CE-9DD0-8E24896AB744.jpeg

36D393A8-B84E-4401-A525-2A18BBC1BDE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is my 1936 Colson LWB straight bar project/rustoration. I took it out on its maiden voyage this Sunday and it performed well (Orange Circle Ride). Still on the hunt for some parts but its come a long way. Rebuilt the hubs (lots of defective parts in the rear hub replaced), re-laced/trued the rims (original rims to the bike including Colson specific hourglass front hub) and gathered the missing parts to make it a functional bike. Props to @fordmike65 for guidance on correct parts and encouragement.

What I started with:

Still on the hunt for OG paint 36 fenders but love the bike and finally getting to enjoy it.

Here is my 1936 Colson LWB straight bar project/rustoration. I took it out on its maiden voyage this Sunday and it performed well (Orange Circle Ride). Still on the hunt for some parts but its come a long way. Rebuilt the hubs (lots of defective parts in the rear hub replaced), re-laced/trued the rims (original rims to the bike including Colson specific hourglass front hub) and gathered the missing parts to make it a functional bike. Props to @fordmike65 for guidance on correct parts and encouragement.

What I started with:
View attachment 1266631

View attachment 1266630

Still on the hunt for OG paint 36 fenders but love the bike and finally getting to enjoy it.
Looks great.....Good luck on the fenders. They are out there, I found a front fender for mine....
What parts are you looking for?

Looks great.....Good luck on the fenders. They are out there, I found a front fender for mine....
What parts are you looking for?
OG paint fenders are the main thing. I've got the correct chainguard just haven't mounted it yet. A correct rack for it would be a bonus.

Back