When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Latest Colson project - 36 Colson Lwb double bar. Not complete yet but coming together.

Here's one I found on Craigslist last year. I know it's prewar but I don't know what year or model. Anyone have any guesses? As far as I can make out the frame number is 48420. I can't make out the smaller number underneath it. The guy I bought it from said most of it was correct for the frame but some of the parts I know are probably not. It has a Morrow rear hub. All the finishes are pretty nice. He was powder coating everything Caltrans orange which looks kind of cool. There is a stem broken off in the forks which I will try to remove at some point. I put the BMX stem in over it just so I could ride it a little. I know he sourced the chain guard and fenders separately and I don't know if they go with this frame. Pics of fenders are before and after Oxalic bath.

This is a great thread with lots of great bikes!

Built a new wheel set for the Colson lwb straight bar. Johns Royal Chains, NOS chrome drop centers, NOS Torrington spokes with black nipples, Colson specific hourglass hub up front and a 2 speed SA Duomatic in the rear using an Ichibike 11T cog. Gives me slightly less than 1:1 in first gear and a nice overdrive in 2nd. So far pretty stoked with the setup.

Back