When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1936 Colson flyer. I've had it about three years now, one of my favorite bicycles to ride and Colson's. When I got and the parts located after. The handlebar is not necessary Colson issued but indeed an early 36ish texashorn one which I really enjoy, has a very good feel when riding. The front fender had it original horn light hole patched up so I finally drilled it out and added the lite and added the long feather which is appropriate for a deluxe tall frame but it was from a girls bicycle so I had to drill the right additional ones as it is on a boys. Tough guard to come across. The rack however which is also a 35-36 tubular issued one for high end Colson in those years is nearly impossible to locate. It is missing a brace. Still a project in the works.

downsized_0708131637.jpg

downsized_0708131635.jpg

downsized_0708131634.jpg

Really nice! Although the tires are not looking vintage. maybe a thinner idea can give it a more vintage looks. What do you think?

What do you mean? Are you talking about the red 36 Flyer tires? The tires on it are practically NOS Davis Deluxe that are original to bike I have to guess wrapping the original tripple step wheel-set which is waht Colson offered in 36. The fenders are Wald very deep and the biggest that was offered in balloon style so any smaller of a tire would be to small or nonappropiate.

Someone did recover the red paint with another red at some point. I have to guess the tires are originally put on the bike, the rear hub, crank, chain are hardly used.

From what I was told the bike sat in the attic from the 40s or 50s until a nephew discoverd it , not sure when that was. Sure there was parts missing, the tank, handle bars and pedals. I added the tank, the bars, pedals and rack.

Last edited:
Working up the courage for my first {spray paint gun} job, got the paint, but dragging my feet on this one.

that is a cool 37 Colson project. I would be anxious to get that started as well. thx for sharing.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Are you talking about the red 36 Flyer tires? The tires on it are practically NOS Davis Deluxe that are original to bike I have to guess wrapping the original tripple step wheel-set which is waht Colson offered in 36. The fenders are Wald very deep and the biggest that was offered in balloon style so any smaller of a tire would be to small or nonappropiate.

Someone did recover the red paint with another red at some point. I have to guess the tires are originally put on the bike, the rear hub, crank, chain are hardly used.

From what I was told the bike sat in the attic from the 40s or 50s until a nephew discoverd it , not sure when that was. Sure there was parts missing, the tank, handle bars and pedals. I added the tank, the bars, pedals and rack.

I think you're arguing with a crafty spammer Derek

Good job getting all the pieces together! I'm wondering if the 1/2" pitch sprocket is correct for a 1938 model though. I don't see a picture of it on any 1938 bikes in my Colson book. I do see it on some postwar bikes however. I'm just wondering, and I'm no expert. Maybe Derek knows. Need an expensive Deltaflex firefly reflector? It's correct for a 1938 Colson only.

Back