When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Rear Steer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great job John!!! I think the white tires look real good on it too.
Thx Dave...the tires look white in the dim light but, are actually Duro brick creme tires.

"slop in the steering might come from worn ("stretched") chain?"

And you might be right, the steer tube chains may be stretched. They are the original chains.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So this is an old thread but it helped me a lot as I was having exactly the same problem removing the left crank arm on my Colson rear steer tandem.

I managed to eventually find a solution which was to place two pieces of 1’ angle iron each side of the arm (there was just enough space to slot them behind). This then gave me the surface to use a puller - I had the same harbor freight ones... this worked perfect first time.
Hope that helps someone if they find themselves in the same place and come across this thread.

Your bike came out looking great... mine is a wreck and I also have bent forks..

How come these rear steer tandems have bent forks? Back rider can't see? Person in fronts only job is to yell stop and hit the brakes LOL.

How come these rear steer tandems have bent forks? Back rider can't see? Person in fronts only job is to yell stop and hit the brakes LOL.
Yep, every tandem I've owned (all two of them), have had bent front forks from prior accidents... I guess the extra weight and momentum of two people make a big difference here too. My Colson has a slight bend in the front frame too so it must have taken quite a whack.

These were called " Courting Bikes" then soon redubbed the "Divorce Bike" because the two riders argued quickly on which way (left or right) to go and eventually dumped the bike in the drink...I guess

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My newest project rearsteer.
1938. This one was repainted red and even the front fender has a recalled number on it for the rental department at whatever lake camp or boardwalk hotel it was used at.

90ec59233526774cae51e0e6afd9b6ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back