When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Scout

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

FICHT 150

Finally riding a big boys bike
I looked for a Colson for years. Found a few bare frames, mostly junk, but, my Dad, an orphan born in 1929 got one, most likely used, during the Second World War. After the tires were shot on the family car, my dad’s foster father rode it to work, spring, summer, fall, winter, for about three years. They put canvas strips between the tubes and the tires, that were full of holes, to keep the bike on the road. After the war, Dad got it back, and rebuilt it, and painted it (Red, probably was house paint) and used it until he joined the Marine Corps, in 1947. He didn’t remember what happened to it. He didn’t remember what model it was, either, but, they were poor, so, it could have been a Scout.
I thought about doing the whole repaint, re-stripe deal, but, whenever I ride it, I get stopped, and people want to know all about the bike. I bought it as a project from a CABEr, don’t know anything about it, except it is a 1941 Scout.

Thankful to have it. Fun to ride.

Ted

F8B14AF9-B6E3-4343-980A-A4B323A6AE71.jpeg

Back