When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Speed Chief with JLO engine

-
What I believe is the jol engines were used in the early 1900's through the early 40's in motor bikes. then after the war went to building snow mobile engines. Here's mine a 1936, it's a war find brought over seas by a us service man during ww2. It's a jlo 98cc 2spd . Has drum brake a blackout light setup and tool box. It is complete but the motor needs work as is the gas tank. My current project.

Last edited:
^^^^^ europe taxed on horse power+expensive gas

=heavy bikes with small motors!
very cool

Yes It's is but I came into a collection of bikes to buy plus my pontiac needs a few thing so this got set aside. It's very heavy but awesome resto project. I need to find a special tool to remove the magneto then work on the crank and tank.

Yes It's is but I came into a collection of bikes to buy plus my pontiac needs a few thing so this got set aside. It's very heavy but awesome resto project. I need to find a special tool to remove the magneto then work on the crank and tank.

Poor thing, when you get bored, let me know...

Does anyone have any information on a JLO bicycle motor? I originally purchased it from the family of the original builder/owner, then sold it to Double Nickel, then acquired it back yesterday in a trade. I have found very little info at all and all the information regarding JLO bicycle motors I have found is in German. Anyone have any experience with one of these little guys?

Here it is as found a year or so ago:
View attachment 578450

And here is how it came back the second time around:
View attachment 578451
View attachment 578452
View attachment 578453
CeeBee is that a Sunbeam? yours?

CeeBee is that a Sunbeam? yours?
Yes, it is '67 Alpine that I owned at the time of the original post. I regrettably sold that one a couple of years ago. I still have a '64 that has been off the road since the transmission went out in when I was in high school in 1983. I'm actually embarrassed to have to say that......I keep saying I'm going to get back to work on it soon, though.....:rolleyes:

Back