When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Speed Chief with JLO engine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What I believe is the jol engines were used in the early 1900's through the early 40's in motor bikes. then after the war went to building snow mobile engines. Here's mine a 1936, it's a war find brought over seas by a us service man during ww2. It's a jlo 98cc 2spd . Has drum brake a blackout light setup and tool box. It is complete but the motor needs work as is the gas tank. My current project.

Last edited:
^^^^^ europe taxed on horse power+expensive gas

=heavy bikes with small motors!
very cool

Yes It's is but I came into a collection of bikes to buy plus my pontiac needs a few thing so this got set aside. It's very heavy but awesome resto project. I need to find a special tool to remove the magneto then work on the crank and tank.

Yes It's is but I came into a collection of bikes to buy plus my pontiac needs a few thing so this got set aside. It's very heavy but awesome resto project. I need to find a special tool to remove the magneto then work on the crank and tank.

Poor thing, when you get bored, let me know...

Does anyone have any information on a JLO bicycle motor? I originally purchased it from the family of the original builder/owner, then sold it to Double Nickel, then acquired it back yesterday in a trade. I have found very little info at all and all the information regarding JLO bicycle motors I have found is in German. Anyone have any experience with one of these little guys?

Here it is as found a year or so ago:
View attachment 578450

And here is how it came back the second time around:
View attachment 578451
View attachment 578452
View attachment 578453
CeeBee is that a Sunbeam? yours?

CeeBee is that a Sunbeam? yours?
Yes, it is '67 Alpine that I owned at the time of the original post. I regrettably sold that one a couple of years ago. I still have a '64 that has been off the road since the transmission went out in when I was in high school in 1983. I'm actually embarrassed to have to say that......I keep saying I'm going to get back to work on it soon, though.....:rolleyes:

Back