When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson tandem frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Summer25

On Training Wheels
Hello,
I just signed up and am excited to learn from this forum! I loved anything classic/vintage and have collected and built old road bikes. I came across a frame and I think it’s a Colson rear steer. I went to look at it yesterday and it’s super clean but I am concerned at how difficult it will be to acquire the drivetrain. It had the front bottom bracket but is missing the rear one. Aside from that it’s just a frame with seat clamps and no fork. I am confident I can use new parts to build the rest of it up and get it back on the road but the drivetrain is the reason I didn’t buy it without doing more research on this. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts? I’m not looking to restore it just yet. I just want to build it and ride it for now. I can ask the person for the serial number if it helps. I had looked at it but don’t remember it. I appreciate any help and if I missed a previous thread covering this subject I apologize in advance!

311F3009-81A5-41F9-B64D-014A77CFFBA0.jpeg

I'm no Colson expert but there is a great deal of interchangeability between different makes when it comes to cranks, forks, steering and wheels. maybe some oddball rear steer part may be missing but everything else should be simple to find so long as originality is not important.

If you have the front crank /bottom bracket that is the only part that is unique to the bike - the rear steering feature could be omitted

Hello,
I just signed up and am excited to learn from this forum! I loved anything classic/vintage and have collected and built old road bikes. I came across a frame and I think it’s a Colson rear steer. I went to look at it yesterday and it’s super clean but I am concerned at how difficult it will be to acquire the drivetrain. It had the front bottom bracket but is missing the rear one. Aside from that it’s just a frame with seat clamps and no fork. I am confident I can use new parts to build the rest of it up and get it back on the road but the drivetrain is the reason I didn’t buy it without doing more research on this. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts? I’m not looking to restore it just yet. I just want to build it and ride it for now. I can ask the person for the serial number if it helps. I had looked at it but don’t remember it. I appreciate any help and if I missed a previous thread covering this subject I apologize in advance!

View attachment 1468121

search for my post today. I have one completed. my email is [email protected]. Can answer most questions you my have..
20210906_105742.jpg

Hello,

View attachment 1468121

Back