When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Tricycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Friend pulled this out of a garden. He thinks it might be Colson. Only thing he said you can make out on the headbadge is TOY and USA. Any ideas?

20160530_135956.jpg

Can you get a close up photo of the head badge from your friend? Even if it can't be completely read the shape can be identifiable. From what I can see of the shape in this photo it could be a Gendron Wheel Co. Pioneer model, but a closer view could better identify it.

Dave

It is indeed a Gendron Wheel Co. Pioneer model. Take a look at the Pioneer head badges on this site and you'll see the exact shape: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/gendron.php

What you're seeing that looks like "Toy USA" is most likely the location of Gendron Wheel - Toledo, Ohio, USA near the bottom of the badge.

I'm thinking yours is an early 1920s model (or there abouts) with that older style adjustable handlebar. The seat is a late 1940s to1950s rubber topped seat from either Persons or Fahlhaber.

Dave

Back