When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Truss Rods

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
The truss rods APPEAR to protrude out further on the green and black postwar model than they do on the primered prewar model, creating a more vertical angle over the front axle.
I'M ASSUMING from the 10 or 15 photos that I've studied, that the protruding truss rods were a standard feature on postwar Colsons ('49-'53)
It does APPEAR that the protruding truss rods were used on some prewar models such as the Clipper, but the less extreme version wasn't ever used on postwar models.
Does anyone have evidence to prove otherwise?
Both are Colson truss rods in last photo.

IMG_9991.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Mike! Very nice bike. Guess that smashes my notion all to hell though.

Whatever they had

So, from the looks of it, it seems that they used whatever they had laying around. My green & black 1950 pictured, has the wide loop ones
but they also appear on pre war models. I also find it interesting that my '50 Scout here has the Clipper guard.
Just more things to think about.. Good thread Dave..............Wayne

Back