When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

A.S.BOLTNUT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Seller told me this was a 37 or 38 Colson not sure ?
Looks like a Rollfast chain ring?

19088.jpeg

fordmike65 has much more experience with Colson than I do, but with this single picture, the center ridge on the front fork indicates 38 or later. As fordmike65 indicated, the BB should have a letter/number code to tell the month/year the frame was made. As you stated, I believe that is the wrong chain ring.

Tim

fordmike65 has much more experience with Colson than I do, but with this single picture, the center ridge on the front fork indicates 38 or later. As fordmike65 indicated, the BB should have a letter/number code to tell the month/year the frame was made. As you stated, I believe that is the wrong chain ring.

Tim
Yes, as far as I've seen, the pinched fork crown was first introduced in '38, tho I remember reading somewhere that it came out in '37. Maybe a late transition?

Back