When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia 24" girls ballooner is new to the fleet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AndyA

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Appears to be mostly original bits here and they add up to one heavy bike. Rims are pretty crusty, but it looks like they were originally painted white. The sticker on the seat tube says "Matawan N.J Bicycle License 1961." Unfortunately, head badge is missing. So, can any of you balloonmeisters please help me with these questions?
  • What year? Model?
  • Were rims originally painted white?
  • Is the saddle likely original?
  • Reflector is missing from rear fender. What size was that?
  • What would head badge look like? Rivets are 2-1/8" OC.
Thanks!
columbia1.JPG
columbia2.JPG

Thank you MrColumbia! I was hoping for a more exciting model name like "Flaming Arrow" or "Shooting Star," but I guess I'll have to settle for W624. It has I nice, utilitarian sound.

Looks like the boys version but with a tank badged as a Columbia. Always wondered if that odd stubby goose neck was correct.
B9F7888E-1E64-4287-A9AA-1F0C671BD3F1.jpeg
79E44D23-500B-4A4E-AA1B-2059401CE35E.jpeg

mrg:
Interesting, the catalog cut from MrColumbia shows non-stubby goosenecks. Your bike looks to have rims painted with aluminum paint. Is that true and do you think that is original?
Thanks, Andy

Back