When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia 5-Star Reissue Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MBL

Finally riding a big boys bike
Howdy all..Tim here?brand new to the forum?I have one of the 1952-53 reissues of the Columbia 5-Star. I was interested in a few things. First the little circle reflectors on the luggage carrier I think are not like the originals?were the originals more like little jewels, instead of reflectors? Does anyone know where I can get some original type? Also what other things were different?

Now for a technical issue?The front shock seems to have a very limited funcion. In this shock, the spring acutally stretches instead of compressing?is this correct? Or do I have this assembled incorrectly?

I have noticed that when riding, the shock will stretch, hit the stop at the top?and just stay there, it doesn't want to return?.I have to kinda hop a bit to get it to return?is this normal?
Thanks for any help on this.
Tim
MBL

Back