When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia 5 star superb

-
Many of the Kids " Back in the Day " did what we called a " Ghost Rider " - - - - -Sending your bike off on it's own , and we all got a good laugh. Some ghost rides were smooth and un eventful , but some ended in pure catastrophe !! That bike may have been sent on a ghost ride and met it's fate with a neighbor's brick wall ! :astonished: Just a thought ;)
"Ghost rider".....we all did this....wrecked some nice stuff.

Great story...good luck.

"Ghost rider".....we all did this....wrecked some nice stuff.

Great story...good luck.
Not me. I might have jumped curbs, ditches & other stupid things but I never slung my bicycle full speed into anything by it's self. Ghost riding for me was standing off to 1 side of the crank & getting as invisible as possible behind the frame of the bike. If my dad had seen any of you tearing up your shhh1t like that after your parent(s bought they woulda probably whooped your asses. I built my stuff from junk parts after my dad bought me a 15+speed that was too big for me to learn on but I did. He then sold it & said now you know how to ride a bicycle. I traded a yard mowing or 2 for a Yellow Huffy that looked like this but No Where Near as Clean or even fendered

Then from there proceeded to cut off mountain bike forks to make a set of raked chopper forks. My dad laughed when it was all said & done after asking "did you miss the mountain bike that much" since I cut'em all up. True story

Back