When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Barn Find Ladies

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barto

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Got this legit barn find several years ago when I first started collecting from the Grandson of the owner. Got this and a matching bike (Sterling) that I since sold off to a CABE'r. Story is that two sisters owned them and the day the older of the two got her license - the bikes were simply parked in the barn (Headlight may tell a different story). Grandmother passed away and Grandson thought it was super cool I liked them to passed them my way. Now my wife is not interested in my hobbies but I've done bikes for everyone else and have this one I want to do for her - just in case one day! So, this is an original paint 1941 Columbia (F118947) Supurb with nice Rain gutter fenders, decals recognizable, paint looks good under filth. Chrome is shot on Truss Rods, Crank, Sprocket , Bars and Stem. But overall a fun project worth rescuing.

Re chrome or find replacement chrome
Replace rims
OA Bath???
How do I clean the skirt guards?
Clean, polish and wax tin
WW tires
I have a replacement seat
Not so certain this is an original light from Columbia - no? Front loader - yes?
OG Kickstand
Add an Egg bell
Add a drop stand
Possibly add a period correct basket (I have one)
Don't think it came with a tank but I'm looking for an OG Paint with the same patina, what cha got?

If you had it, what would you do?

IMG_1979[1].JPG

IMG_1990[1].JPG

IMG_1989[1].JPG

IMG_1988[1].JPG

IMG_1979[1].JPG

IMG_1990[1].JPG

IMG_1989[1].JPG

IMG_1988[1].JPG

Last edited:
Got this legit barn find several years ago when I first started collecting from the Grandson of the owner. Got this and a matching bike that I since sold off to a CABE'r. Story is that two sisters owned them and the day the older of the two got her license - the bikes were simply parked in the barn. Grandmother passed away and Grandson thought it was super cool I liked them to passed them my way. Now my wife is not interested in my hobbies but I've done bikes for everyone else and have this one I want to do for her - just in case one day! So, this is an original paint 1941 Columbia (F118947) Supurb with nice Rain gutter fenders, decals recognizable, paint looks good under filth. Chrome is shot on Truss Rods, Crank, Sprocket , Bars and Stem.

View attachment 1178183

View attachment 1178184

View attachment 1178185

View attachment 1178186
Nice bike. Great color.

Hi

F118947, mid 1941. If you'd like a closer date, there is another number stamped on the BB, probably H4, 5 or 6, possibly something else. We can date it to the month with that.

It looks like a 1/2 inch chain (ie, non skiptooth). This was unusual for a 1930's - 40's US bicycle, but common for these particular models at this time.

F90043 is the closest Westfield Ladie's I have recorded to yours, a slightly earlier 1941, and , I think, a lower model than yours.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi

F118947, mid 1941. If you'd like a closer date, there is another number stamped on the BB, probably H4, 5 or 6, possibly something else. We can date it to the month with that.

It looks like a 1/2 inch chain (ie, non skiptooth). This was unusual for a 1930's - 40's US bicycle, but common for these particular models at this time.

F90043 is the closest Westfield Ladie's I have recorded to yours, a slightly earlier 1941, and , I think, a lower model than yours.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you so much for the information..it has an H 6 stamped on the BB....never saw it before...took a light and pushed the grease around a bit and poof, there it was!!! Please enlighten me!!!!

Oh, if @vincev is reading - I didn't sand any of the paint off the BB to get the numbers ands I thought you would appreciate that!!!!

BART

Last edited:
Hi Bart,

Thanks for sharing that (and even more for not chipping the paint off!) (-:

H6 says the frame was made in H=1941, 6 = June. It was some kind of stock control thing. Your bike was built up completely shortly after, which is when it got its F11897 number.

So, frame made June 1941, bike built between June and August 1941.

As a bonus, here's the nearest Men's Superb I have listed, a H7, so the month after.

I'm sure you'll have fun with it, whatever you decide to do.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you so much for the information..it has an H 6 stamped on the BB....never saw it before...took a light and pushed the grease around a bit and poof, there it was!!! Please enlighten me!!!!

Oh, if @vincev is reading - I didn't sand any of the paint off the BB to get the numbers ands I thought you would appreciate that!!!!

BART

BART
Thank You ! lol

Tires and tubes, grease it and ride it. You'll determine what you want to do with it as you ride it. Might be some decals and graphics that would be nigh impossible to replicate. Probably depends on with whom you ride.

Nice find. Let's see more of your train set.
Ok, Only because @catfish, @MrColumbia and @tech549 are interested...these are some my trains! My Dad swapped our HO race car track for these trains when we were kids and we loved the change (Cars kept flying off the track)! A few years ago I got them back from an Uncle, repair all of the engines and then went to a Train Shows at the Eastern States Fair Grounds - that was all she wrote (If you've not gone - ya gotta go).
These are two that I run quite often (The 746 is super sweet) and who doesn't like a solid Switcher? However, like bikes...I have 8 additional engines and Switchers on Display around my game room. The 7343 Santa Fe was mine as a kid and therefore well played with...had it repaired and it runs well..other than that, I'll not change any thing else

on it! Check out the Airplane - it's an original OEM Display Model for an FAU - 4 Corsair. Unfortunately a gust of wind knocked it over causing a repair to the horizontal stabilizer...I was more than bummed!

I'm in the process of tearing this display down and will be pulling out the FASTRACK, removing the workspace and adding two loops (for a total of three) of three rail with one main line, one interior and one elevated extension. The Soldiers and tents are Barclay and Manoil lead figures...I have a great collection and these look great (a little big) with the trains. Thanks for noticing!

PS, I just noticed, there are three bikes in the photo (49 Columbia, 20's Hawthorne Flyer and a 38 Snyder built Frame Rat)

IMG_1994[1].JPG

IMG_1995[1].JPG

IMG_1996[1].JPG

Back