When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Barn Find Ladies

-
Hi Bart,

Thanks for sharing that (and even more for not chipping the paint off!) (-:

H6 says the frame was made in H=1941, 6 = June. It was some kind of stock control thing. Your bike was built up completely shortly after, which is when it got its F11897 number.

So, frame made June 1941, bike built between June and August 1941.

As a bonus, here's the nearest Men's Superb I have listed, a H7, so the month after.

I'm sure you'll have fun with it, whatever you decide to do.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Interesting, nice 41 in the link!! The one sold in 2017 has peaked fenders while mine has Rain Gutters, interesting. Gotta tell ya, looking forward to bringing back my paint....I need to find a product that won't harm the decals though! Wonder why mind didn't have a tank?

Goal is to keep it as OG as possible (Seat, Tires are require replacements).

I got my youngest daughter has a mid 60's Columbia middle weight, I brought it home from a Swap (15 bucks) and she fell in love! I tried to get her to take this 41 instead (all cleaned up of course) but she stayed with the middle weight cuz it's the one I got for her (she's so sweet). It's all done now...gotta admit, it's pretty cool!

Last edited:
Unless someone is going to ride it I would leave it exactly like it is. And like Catfish said, lets see that train set.
The bike won't get much road time, She wouldn't even touch the bike in it's current condition. But I want to do something for her that she knows I think is special - so it's even more special for her! Regardless, I'll treat her with respect.

BART

Bart- I know you've cleaned a bike before. Do it again the same way with what you already know and make it look as good as you possibly can (including existing chrome). You know what to do. Be sure to post after photo. Looks like a fun project. Nice addition to any collection, if nothing more than to just look at.

Very cool. I have a ton of O gauge train stuff I would love to set up.
O Gage is King - I have a few O27 Engines but prefer the common O. My Uncle runs HO and has had his layout featured in "Classic Toy Train" Magazine. Running my trains is pretty cool, makes that cool clickity clack sound, Lights, smoke, some cool detail. I tore a bunch of Oak Trim out of my dining room and repurposed it as shelves to display more trains, Barclay's, some GI Joes and vintage hats/helmets...where does it stop!
Like I said...Eastern States Expo Fair, Huge Train Show - Jan/Feb timeframe... 4 buildings, I've gotten some really great deals on engines and buildings...worth the drive!

BART

Bart- I know you've cleaned a bike before. Do it again the same way with what you already know and make it look as good as you possibly can (including existing chrome). You know what to do. Be sure to post after photo. Looks like a fun project. Nice addition to any collection, if nothing more than to just look at.
Existing Chrome - Really! you're the 2nd or third person to mention that! It's peeling pretty good and I was thinking of swapping it out for better condition original vintage correct parts....even asked @Krakatoa to keep an eye out. I super appreciate they're "only original once" but also want to make it attractive to my wife to even consider riding. Honestly if she rides it more than twice, I'll be surprised. Yeah, better re-think this one

Back