When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Compax

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi @Iverider

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm in Egypt at the moment with only intermittent internet.

That looks like W54793A, L4 (please correct me if I'm wrong). A reinforced frame wartime version of the F92L Compax.

The frame was made in April 1944, but the bike was built up probably August-September of 1944.

The W code was being used to indicate Westfield produced civilian bikes at this point,

Interesting to see how the three speed shift is mounted on the rear half of the bicycle, and that the reinforcing is being used to route the cable. I've not seen that before (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

I just picked up a Compax "Military" model that someone blinged out with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed coaster brake rear and Dynamo front hub. I think the frame is the only thing original and it's missing the badge. I wish it at least came with the fork and adjustabe handlebar. It will probably be for sale at the Lebanon Swap though I'll probably throw an era appropriate stem and bar on it.

View attachment 1762533

View attachment 1762532
Do you still have this frame? I may be interested.

Back