When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Conundrum

-
I’m going to hold off on both bikes for now, as I’ve found someone nearby who says he has ‘a lot of balloon bikes’ for sale. Stay tuned…

Went and looked at the blue Westfield today. Claimed to be all original and I would be surprised if it wasn't. Very clean and rode very smoooooooooth. It's gonna be tough to not pick this one up.

Went to see my man with the balloon bikes-- drove an hour-and-a-half each way for nothing. He didn't even know what a balloon bike was, he kept trying to sell me some repro Schwinn knock-off decked out in Coca Cola colors and logos... what a waste of an afternoon.

So baring any last-minute snafus, I'm going to buy the blue Westfield. As I indicated early in this thread fellow CABEr @tanksalot has this '39 Westy that he's parting out-- would it be the same blue as the '41? It's hard for me to tell.

A4C31799-65E6-407E-A983-2C030FFD2A78.jpeg

Right, yes, I need to remember that, thank you.
Where are you from? That black bike belongs to a friend of mine here in Modesto. I have a Westfield I listed on here for sale as well. Has the same box fenders. All original paint bike minus wheels which were missing when I got it. If you're local to Modesto I'd do $350 for it local pick up. Just add wheels and you're good. I swapped seats also from these photos. It has a beige long spring saddle on it now.

Screenshot_20230610_080611_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230610_080559_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230610_080548_Photos.jpg

Back