When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Firebolt......Factory Black Wheels ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kato

I live for the CABE
Doing some homework on a Columbia Firebolt - I think it's a 59-61 or so.
Bike looks very original except the wheels and spoke nipples only are black and I was told original owner said it was that way new.
I'm striking out on finding that as an option / other bikes with black wheels.
I did find a pic of a bike with what looks to have white wheels but the spoke nipples only are black where it meets the wheel.

Has anybody ever heard /seen anything like this.........?
Thanks in advance
Kato

Doing some homework on a Columbia Firebolt - I think it's a 59-61 or so.
Bike looks very original except the wheels and spoke nipples only are black and I was told original owner said it was that way new.
I'm striking out on finding that as an option / other bikes with black wheels.
I did find a pic of a bike with what looks to have white wheels but the spoke nipples only are black where it meets the wheel.

Has anybody ever heard /seen anything like this.........?
Thanks in advance
Kato

I have not perhaps @Superman1984 may know he loves his Thunderbolt a '64 I believe. Pleas post some pics of the bike please.

I have not perhaps @Superman1984 may know he loves his Thunderbolt a '64 I believe. Pleas post some pics of the bike please.
I don't think any bike came with black nippled spokes, should be brass, chrome, nickle & or cad🤔

I know if you naval jelly or ospho etc to remove rust it'll darken the metal not plated. I am still learning so take it 50/50 & My Columbia is a Firebolt buddy 🤣
I wish it was a 4 wheel V8 Thunderbolt 😜

20210323_152427 (1).jpg

20210323_152643 (1).jpg

These came with chrome wheels. I'm not aware of any Columbias from the 50's or 60's with black wheels.
Can you clarify something for me? Was the integrated Columbia/Western Flyer frames like mine Only 63 & 64?

I don't want to thread hijack but I've seen older threads claiming these frames are 60-65 & would like some general consensus despite the bug eye tanks etc. Frames don't appear to be any different ....

Can you clarify something for me? Was the integrated Columbia/Western Flyer frames like mine Only 63 & 64?

View attachment 1452399

View attachment 1452398

I don't want to thread hijack but I've seen older threads claiming these frames are 60-65 & would like some general consensus despite the bug eye tanks etc. Frames don't appear to be any different ....
I believe the Newsboy models with this frame were only offered '63/4, I think the Firebolt had it longer.

Back