When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Five Star Superb with curved double bar?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pinknightmare

'Lil Knee Scuffer
So I picked up this Columbia at a roadside junk shop for cheap. This bike is a little bit of a mystery to me though. It's missing the badge but one can make out that it had a Columbia Badge. It has the Five Star Superb emblem on the bottom tube but this is slightly different than any 5 star I've seen (I own a 52')...It has the same style fenders (no holes in front fender for a light) and chainguard as other five star superbs but the double bar is curved, not straight (a 5 star tank wouldn't fit this frame). The graphics are also different on the frame than any other Five Star I've seen. It has the serial number B138063. Any help identifying would be great. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Catfish, the frame certainly looks the same, what's confusing is the Five Star Superb decal, the chainguard and the paint scheme that more closely resembles the classic 5 star superbs out there.

Oddly enough I had seen a bike looking eerily similar to yours on CL and had planned on going to see/purchase it today- outside of Charlottesville Va. however I was unable to pull the ad back up today to get directions. Coincidence?

Oddly enough I had seen a bike looking eerily similar to yours on CL and had planned on going to see/purchase it today- outside of Charlottesville Va. however I was unable to pull the ad back up today to get directions. Coincidence?
Sorry Pedaltherapy...it is the same bike that was located near Fork Union, VA. I was down that way this weekend and picked it up Sat morning. I reside up in the NOVA area if you'd like to check it out or talk shop...I'm fairly new to the classic bikes.

I am going to go with a 1955 to 1956 model year. It does look mostly original and I'm going to say the paint and decal are also original. It's an unusual model. I took a quick look and found the answers you seek here in an old thread. The Cabe search feature actually works really well. As far as your provided serial starting with a "B" most serial lists show 1955 as A serials a gap then 1956 as C serials. I am thinking this may be an oversight by whomever compiled the list. Great find!

1956-0002_Page_08.jpg

So I picked up this Columbia at a roadside junk shop for cheap. This bike is a little bit of a mystery to me though. It's missing the badge but one can make out that it had a Columbia Badge. It has the Five Star Superb emblem on the bottom tube but this is slightly different than any 5 star I've seen (I own a 52')...It has the same style fenders (no holes in front fender for a light) and chainguard as other five star superbs but the double bar is curved, not straight (a 5 star tank wouldn't fit this frame). The graphics are also different on the frame than any other Five Star I've seen. It has the serial number B138063. Any help identifying would be great. Thanks everyone!

View attachment 1364708

View attachment 1364709

View attachment 1364710
Not a fan of red but that bike could jus' be gently wiped down, waxed, & left alone tankless & greased as I would Ride it Gladly. I don't say that about many tank or tank capable bikes. This looks like it probably Never had 1 though?

Back