When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia History - Col. Albert A. Pope

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mitt25

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I'm a little late posting this but better late then never! On October 12, 2018 some friends and I attended the Famed Hershey car show in Hershey PA. I love cars as well as old bikes. While weaving up and down the rows of amazing cars and popping in and out of the rare car tents I stumbled upon this sweet 1911 Pope Hartford Model W "Portola". Not knowing anything about this rare car I found the history in a binder on the seat. I started reading the history of this great automobile and learned it was created by Col. Albert A. Pope whom established the Pope Manufacturing Company. He also created the American Bicycle Company and the Columbia Brand. Check out the Car and History below.
IMG_8229.PNG
IMG_8228.PNG

IMG_8227.PNG

Thanks for sharing, that's hella cool. I wondered if it was the same company that built Pope motorcycles, it was.
1918-pope-l-18-1.jpg

While looking I found this,...
1915-iver-johnson-1.jpg

1915 Iver Johnson. I had no idea they made motors.

Back