When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia information?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

Double Clutch

Would someone be able to tell me what kind of rear hub was used on Columbia bicycles? The frame I have is from 1947. I do not know what model bike it is other than the year.

Thank you for the help!
Dave

Columbia information...

No I don't have any wheels, just a frame. I'll post some pictures soon.
Thanks

Columbia information...

Here is my Columbia frame. Can anyone tell me what model this might be? The year seems to be 1947 from the serial number. I haven't seen a Columbia bike with frame ends like this one. I would like to find parts for it. Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Dave

Attachments

• lowres bike 001.jpg
    lowres bike 001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 110
  • lowres bike 002.jpg
    lowres bike 002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 97
  • lowres bike 003.jpg
    lowres bike 003.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 80
  • lowres bike 004.jpg
    lowres bike 004.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 89
  • lowres bike 005.jpg
    lowres bike 005.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 77
Columbia information...

Thanks for the info!
I thought it was a Columbia because the serial number seemed to match the Columbia numbers on the chart on the "Old Roads" website and place it in 1947. Although last night I found a couple bikes on the web that look similar and they are both 1940 era Elgins, made by Monark. Another question of mine would be, how interchangable are parts on these bikes. Will a similar vintage fork, handlebars and crank fit or are the manufacturers very different in their tube sizes and bearing sizes? Sorry, I'm a newby to vintage bikes. Thanks again to all!
Dave

Attachments

• 1940 Elgin made by Monark 1.jpg
    1940 Elgin made by Monark 1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 1941 Monark 1.jpg
    1941 Monark 1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 74
ok im going to look at my columbia and take a picture of frame specific and thats where we'll find details to make sure yours is a columbia or not.

Back