When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia intrepid ATB help

-

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently was given this Columbia ATB and as you can see it needs a lot of love, mountain bikes are not so much in my wheel house so I'm looking for a little advice. Is this bike something that is worth the time its going to take to get it back in shape or should I salvage what parts are decent and do away with the rest? Thanks!
20190603_153755.jpg

I'd vote for salvage. Columbia's aren't known as a top nameplate in the MTB world. It looks pretty rough though, maybe the thumb shifters are the best parts on it but they're hard to see.

Ok, I was kinda feeling that but, again I'm not real familiar with my. Bikes. Heres a couple more pics of the cantilever brakes,thumb shifters and the seat brand
20190605_155445.jpg

20190605_155606.jpg

20190605_155517.jpg

I think the brakes are unique. I'd keep those brakes and polish them up. I'd keep the thumb shifters because they can be used as a throttle and some other things.

What wheelbender6 said about the brakes. I've never seen any like that.

Yeah, I was wondering about the brakes myself, I was trying to figure out what the "v" on the bolts stood for, assuming it is the brand. I haven't started on the tear down yet but I'm sure when I get them off that info will present it self.

Back