When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia intrepid ATB help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently was given this Columbia ATB and as you can see it needs a lot of love, mountain bikes are not so much in my wheel house so I'm looking for a little advice. Is this bike something that is worth the time its going to take to get it back in shape or should I salvage what parts are decent and do away with the rest? Thanks!
20190603_153755.jpg

I'd vote for salvage. Columbia's aren't known as a top nameplate in the MTB world. It looks pretty rough though, maybe the thumb shifters are the best parts on it but they're hard to see.

Ok, I was kinda feeling that but, again I'm not real familiar with my. Bikes. Heres a couple more pics of the cantilever brakes,thumb shifters and the seat brand
20190605_155445.jpg

20190605_155606.jpg

20190605_155517.jpg

I think the brakes are unique. I'd keep those brakes and polish them up. I'd keep the thumb shifters because they can be used as a throttle and some other things.

What wheelbender6 said about the brakes. I've never seen any like that.

Yeah, I was wondering about the brakes myself, I was trying to figure out what the "v" on the bolts stood for, assuming it is the brand. I haven't started on the tear down yet but I'm sure when I get them off that info will present it self.

Back