When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia light lens pat dec. 29th 1896?

-

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
Any ideas what it is I got it at the Fleamarket for a buck

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

With a description (lens), a name and a date, (and perhaps some curiosity), one might use online patent search tools such as Google patents or the USPTO website.

Thinking that there may have been many companies with the Columbia name(?).

Appears to have anti-tamper one-way screw-tightening features on the front; but no visible screw-threads.

Last edited:
It's a canning jar lid. I think some kind of clamp must have fit over the jar and lid so that the ramps on the lid could be used to tighten the seal. I would guess some kind of rubber would have gone between the jar and inside of the lid.

Hi All;

I did look at patents for the day (there were about 500, I think due to it being year end). Nothing by 'Columbia', and nothing for Bicycle or Light in search terms.

That said, most don't have searchable descriptions. I really didn't want to have to open them all individually to look at.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Found one (same as yours) on Pinterest. Long gone
to a place unknown.
It was displayed in a tiny, clear plastic display stand.
Amber is seldom seen in the ''antique glass canning
jar lid'' department.

Found some clear and/or blue glass lids on ebay.
No amber.

Your lid is stunning.

..... patric

Back