When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia light roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello All

The saddle on this (the museum) bike looks like a saddle from a Victor HTS or Cusion Tire Safety. There is a similar saddle for sale by member "Ace" in the Parts for Sale section on the C.A.B.E.now. Very nice if you need one.

Enclosed are some photos of a 1890 C.LR., for comparison, like the "museum" bike in this discussion.

Glenn

P6220005.JPG

P6220012.JPG

P6220014.JPG

P6220015.JPG

P6220017.JPG

Hello All

The saddle on this (the museum) bike looks like a saddle from a Victor HTS or Cusion Tire Safety. There is a similar saddle for sale by member "Ace" in the Parts for Sale section on the C.A.B.E.now. Very nice if you need one.

Enclosed are some photos of a 1890 C.LR., for comparison, like the "museum" bike in this discussion.

Glenn

View attachment 1078677

View attachment 1078678

View attachment 1078679

View attachment 1078680

View attachment 1078681
Wowzers!!! Beauty

It may be that the original owner of the "museum" ' 90 C.L.R. liked the Victor saddle better than the Kirkpatrick saddle pictured on the stock images of the 1890 C.L.R. Many saddles are swapped out today in the bike biz.

I've got the Columbia "hairpin" shaped seat post for sale if needed. $150 + shipping.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts
cates03212hotmail.com

Chain for this bike is definitely the Ewart detachable link chain that has a slightly longer pitch than the 1" pitch block chain that I sell. I have a CNC machine shop that can re cut the pitch to match my available 1" pitch block chain and I have done this on a couple of chain ring sprockets so meshing will be perfect. If you are a purist and don't want to actually use the bicycle, the Ewart chain would be correct but is very difficult to find.
You don't have to worry about re cutting the rear wheel hub sprocket as there are not enough chain blocks in contact with the fewer number of teeth to cause a build up of tolerance spacing differences between the Ewart chain cut pitch and my 1" pitch block chain and it works just fine.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts Answered
Email: [email protected]

Chain for this bike is definitely the Ewart detachable link chain that has a slightly longer pitch than the 1" pitch block chain that I sell. I have a CNC machine shop that can re cut the pitch to match my available 1" pitch block chain and I have done this on a couple of chain ring sprockets so meshing will be perfect. If you are a purist and don't want to actually use the bicycle, the Ewart chain would be correct but is very difficult to find.
You don't have to worry about re cutting the rear wheel hub sprocket as there are not enough chain blocks in contact with the fewer number of teeth to cause a build up of tolerance spacing differences between the Ewart chain cut pitch and my 1" pitch block chain and it works just fine.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts Answered
Email: [email protected]
I actually have the original chain, will be looking for a front axel , I have the hub cones

Back