When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Model 108 Chainless Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i have two 1900s they had ball end spokes and the rear rod activated brake flapper not the coaster brake so its a few years newer

Columbia used the Controller brake in 1900-1
Upper left brake hub.
4ECF9592-8CBA-40B0-91C7-11287B744AA8.jpeg

it looks like the bike has a corbin coaster brake could be new departure , same thing in this era cast brake arm , show a photo of the brake arm if its a two speed with coaster brake and rear shock i would gess in the 2800 to 3500 dollars range looks like origonal paint and decals very desirable bike
Corbin didn't come out with their 2 speed until 05. The catalog image is posted of the bike telling what came on the bike stock. The biggest problem with this bike is that the model 108 is the specific full cushion model and it's missing the fork made of unobtainium. If this came from the factory with out the cushion fork then it should have a model 106 badge on it.

my 1900 has the 1/8 inch rod that runs from a short lever on the left side of the hub to a brake spoon mounted on the front lower side at the 9 oclock position when you back pedal the spoon flips up and makes contact with the tire its a delicate looking setup no other brake is on the bike i have been told that you could get a front spoon set up for a few dollars more at this time , head badges get removed all the time and often times you cannot locate the proper badge my other 1900 has had this to happen i am looking for the right badge right now ! do you have one ?so it could be just a wrong badge or wrong fork i have tried to look up these early serial numbers with no sucess i have talked with mr columbia sometime back and asked him for advice this confusion makes pinning down exactly what you have a impossible task sometimes <most times > i think that 1900 was the only year to use the rear flapper brake and its possible that the coaster brake /speed controller came on the scene later in the same year ,i have a columbia 1900 catalog somewhere but its put away by my wife at the moment

the catalog page listed above shows 1903 as a two speed coaster brake with ball end spokes y fast during these years and spring fork that seems correct to me ,to be honest i think things were moving ahead pretty fast from 1901 to 1903

Back