Columbia news boy

This ad disappears when logged in

StevieZ

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 5, 2010
Sloansville,ny
This looks to be what is a Columbia News Boy. Is in nice shape. Heavy duty spokes. Bendix single red band hub in he rear. Truss rods on the front. Persons pedales. Paint is nice. Looks to be a nice rider. Asking $375 shipped to the lower 48 states. Any questions about it. Please contact me. 518-231-0614.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
Repaint? Every Columbia newsboy original I can find has a unique chain guard (not the one on your bike) and the forks have darts on them and lastly there is a decal on the seat post. That's a nice looking bike you have, love the color combo.

Saving Tempest

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
It's in the wrong section, this is Parts. Don't worry, that will get fixed soon. It is a pretty swell bike!

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 23, 2009
Western Mass
www.vintagecolumbiabikes.com
I'll have to look when I get home tonight but some things look wrong. The fork truss rods are not Columbia for example. I think it may be a partial repaint as well. I don't remember the 3 star chain guard used as late as 1964 either. Will post what I find tonight.

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
I'll have to look when I get home tonight but some things look wrong. The fork truss rods are not Columbia for example. I think it may be a partial repaint as well. I don't remember the 3 star chain guard used as late as 1964 either. Will post what I find tonight.
Appreciate your input. I thought the newsboys had a unique chain guard. Sprocket looks different.

Last edited:

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 23, 2009
Western Mass
www.vintagecolumbiabikes.com
I noticed that your head badge is "Westfeild Mfg Co." The last year for that would have been 1960 as they became "Columbia Mfg Co'" in 1961. Your bike has been parted together with a varitey of parts. The Newsboy never came with a bolt on luggage rack though the one on this bike is one used on 60's Columbia "Special" models. The truss rods and front sprocket are not Columbia. The frame is possibly a 1950 Newsboy as that would have had a serial number that starts with "N" and is the same style. That chain guard would have been used on 1950's Newboys as well. It also has one of the reproduction headlights from the 1986 RX-5 reproduction. Basicaly a frankenbike.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture