When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia news boy

-

StevieZ

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This looks to be what is a Columbia News Boy. Is in nice shape. Heavy duty spokes. Bendix single red band hub in he rear. Truss rods on the front. Persons pedales. Paint is nice. Looks to be a nice rider. Asking $375 shipped to the lower 48 states. Any questions about it. Please contact me. 518-231-0614.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Repaint? Every Columbia newsboy original I can find has a unique chain guard (not the one on your bike) and the forks have darts on them and lastly there is a decal on the seat post. That's a nice looking bike you have, love the color combo.

It's in the wrong section, this is Parts. Don't worry, that will get fixed soon. It is a pretty swell bike!

1964 N26184 thru N370693
Yes, N351119 falls within the serial numbers of the 1964 YOM

I'll have to look when I get home tonight but some things look wrong. The fork truss rods are not Columbia for example. I think it may be a partial repaint as well. I don't remember the 3 star chain guard used as late as 1964 either. Will post what I find tonight.

I'll have to look when I get home tonight but some things look wrong. The fork truss rods are not Columbia for example. I think it may be a partial repaint as well. I don't remember the 3 star chain guard used as late as 1964 either. Will post what I find tonight.

Appreciate your input. I thought the newsboys had a unique chain guard. Sprocket looks different.

Last edited:
Back