When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia paratrooper bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
These bikes still confuse me.... what year do you think this is and what's missing? Not sure if it had fenders, chain guard, or if the grips are correct...

paratrooper_zps8c174ee7-1.jpg

Pretty sure they always had fenders. There were balloon tire models (more rare) and skinny tire versions. Looks like maybe you have a balloon tire example?

That would be the ballooner version of the Compax bicycle. There were civilian models as well as military models and I think the military ones had an extra brace in the rear triangle which suggests this is a civilian model. Very cool!

Seems like mismatched rims? or is it just hard to tell from the condition of the chrome? I think there is too much missing to make this worth while. Fenders, chain guard, rims?

It'd make a unique rider! The missing parts shouldn't be anything unique to this bike apart from other Columbias of the time. If you don't have much money into it then it's worth it putting together or riding as is. They don't have a ton of value but definitely draw attention.

You should be able to get the year from the serial number and a google search of the Westfield database.

Too much missing to restore it BUT to me it could be made into a GREAT RIDER to keep in the trunk of a car to use at a moments notice if you can get it cheap.

Back