When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia rat

-

Dc76

Finally riding a big boys bike

Thoughts on these bars ? I’m on the fence

Very cool! Of course one can't look at the handlebars alone, one looks at the whole picture of the bike and all of its components. I see a very nice semi-crusty, rat-rod look. To be clear, with aesthetics there can be a wide range of valid opinions. From a functional standpoint, I find handlebars that high and wide to be uncomfortable; I favor BMX-style bars for this kid of bike. However, we all sacrifice comfort for coolness at times. The good news is that you can ride for a while with these bars, then change them out for something that might look better, then change those out, etc. This is known as continual improvement or "the project is never done." Have fun!

Cool rat but my shoulders can't deal with the high bars, here's my Rat Columbia with Sachs 2spd auto, great rider, I went with OG curved crossbar bars but got to watch standing riding up hill my knees hit that crossbar, oh ya, your fork looks a little bent!
1652336657337.png
1652336501868.png

Last edited:
Yeah, can't lie, not a fan of the ape hangers on a 26" bike. ...unless it has a banana seat too, but then the rideable scale is off....unless you're just that friggin tall.

I've been staring at these post war touring bars a lot lately. Might use them on my next Cruiser because they're that kind of comfortable. With the upright/steep fork appearance on that Columbia, I feel like a wide set like this would add to the streamline look.
IMG_20220512_1009247.jpg

Yeah I wasn’t feeling the ape bars too much on this bike . Gonna find something else to put on it . Thanks for the input guys.👊🏻

I do like the butterfly bars used on alot of og 50's customs because Marlon Brando had something like them in the Wild One, my cousin put them & long neck on this 55 spitfire back in the day. think they were the predecessor of the StingRay bars.

1652405237474.png

Last edited:
Back